|NEWS AND INFORMATION
|Year : 2019 | Volume
| Issue : 3 | Page : 113-115
News and Information
|Date of Web Publication||20-Sep-2019|
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
. News and Information. Indian J Occup Ther 2019;51:113-5
| Announcememt|| |
| Award of Fellow of Academic Council of Occupational Therapy (Facot)|| |
The Academic Council of Occupational Therapy invites application from members of the AIOTA for the award of Fellow of ACOT (FACOT) for their outstanding contribution in research and academics in the field of occupational therapy.
- A member of AIOTA, who fulfills the laid down eligibility criteria specified below, may apply to the Dean of the Academic Council of Occupational Therapy, on the prescribed form which may be downloaded from http://aiota.org/education/facot
- The prescribed fee of INR 10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand) only, shall be payable by the applicant after approval for the Award.
- The Processing Fee of INR 3000.00 (Non-refundable) should be sent by Demand Draft along with the application form
- The balance amount of INR 7000.00 should be sent after approval of the Award.
The payment should be made by Demand Draft/NEFT in favor of AIOTA payable at Mumbai.The recipient of award of fellow will be honored as a “Fellow of the Academic Council of Occupational Therapy” (FACOT). The award usually is presented during the inaugural session of the Annual National Conference or General Body Meeting of AIOTA. The award carries a Certificate and a FACOT shield.The decision of the ACOT followed with approval and/or non-approval from AIOTA EC will be final and binding.
- The applicant must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to submit request.
- The self-attested copy of supporting documents including AIOTA membership certificate should be attached with the application. (The application may be submitted in soft copy by email, but It is mandatory to submit hard copy of the application with all supporting self-attested copies of documents)
- The title page of the application should carry the justification in brief, that the applicant is fulfilling the eligibility criteria for award for Fellow of ACOT.
- Only those members can apply for Fellow of ACOT whose membership has not been withheld or suspended and there have been no disciplinary proceedings against the member due to any reason.
The Applicant must fulfill the Following Eligibility Criteria (1, 2 and 3) for Submitting Request for Fellowship of the ACOT
1. He/She should be a continued and uninterrupted member of the AIOTA for not less than 15 years with minimum qualification of Master's degree in Occupational Therapy and/or OT related specialty. However, the Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy from AIOTA/WFOT accredited institution is mandatory.
He/She should be a continued and uninterrupted member of the AIOTA for not less than 12 years with minimum qualification of PhD in OT related areas but post professional Master's degree in OT and/or OT related specialty is essential. However the Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy from AIOTA/WFOT accredited institution is mandatory
2. He/She should have at least five publications related to the field of Occupational Therapy as an Author/Contributing Author in the text books and/or Principal Author in the indexed journals.
He/she must have held a recognized faculty position in Occupational Therapy, for not less than 10 years and not lower than Asst. Professor/Lecturer in an AIOTA/WFOT accredited OT
3. He/she should be principal guide of minimum five post graduate students in AIOTA accredited Master's program in OT and minimum 5 publications as Principal author or Associate author in the text books or in the indexed journals.
He/She should have minimum three paper presentations in national/international conference and conducted minimum two COTE/CME/Seminar/Workshop/Short Courses on OT related specialties as a “Resource Person” in an institution of repute.
Additionally Following Merit Points Will Be Considered For Eligibility Criteria to Prioritize the Selection of Applications
- Exemplary scientific contribution to the OT profession by doing research in basic and/or related subjects in Occupational Therapy other than retrospective clinical studies.
- Recipient of number of awards for presentations in AIOTA/International OT related conferences.
- Number of Publications in indexed national/international journal of Occupational Therapy/Presentations in AIOTA/National and international conferences.
- Distinguished Awards and Honors in recognition of academic achievements by national and international organization.
May contact Dean, ACOT: Dr. Jyothika N. Bijlani at: email@example.com for more information and/or any queries.
| Call for Absracts: Oticon'2020 Mumbai|| |
16th to 18 th January, 2020
The preparations are in full swing for the 57th annual national conference of the AIOTA i.e. OTICON'2020 being organized from 16th January to 18th January, 2020, at Ravindra Natya Mandir, Praha Devi, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. The conference is being organized to commemorate the platinum jubilee of Occupational Therapy School and Center, Seth G. S. Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai in collaboration with Mumbai Branch of the AIOTA, with support from OT colleges and institutions of Mumbai. The theme of the conference is 'Agility, Mobility, Stability, Ability, Cognition - Towards Functional Independence'. The deadline for submission of research abstracts of Oral and ePoster presentations under competitive and non-competitive categories to Scientific Program Committee by email or online is 30th September, 2019. For Further Information and Enquiry write to: Dr. Amitabh K. Dwivedi, Chairman, Scientific Program Committee, OTICON'2020 EC Member, AIOTA, Principal, Jaipur OT College, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India Mobile: +91-8209838078, +91-9785400214. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. Website: https://www.oticon2020.com/and https://www.aiota.org.
| National Education Policy 2019|| |
The draft of the National Education Policy 2019 is a unique piece of document, crafted beautifully for the roadmap towards revamping the overall education system of India. The AIOTA also has taken a lead to effectively represent for essential inclusion of occupational therapy into the areas of Early Childhood Care and Education, Equitable and Inclusive Education and Research and Innovation. Under the proposed education policy of Pluralistic Healthcare Education and Delivery, AIOTA would submit proposal for lateral entry of occupational therapy graduates also into MBBS courses. AIOTA EC is working hard to submit proposal to government of India with the innovative leadership of EC Member: Dr. Neeraj Mishra, Vice President: Dr. Shashi Oberai, Honorary Secretary: Dr. Satish S. Maslekar and Dean ACOT: Dr. Jyothika N. Bijlani
| Guidelines on Standards for Therapy Centres, Kerala|| |
The Government of Kerala has come out with guidelines for occupational therapy and speech therapy centers that cater to the needs of people and children with special needs and Autism. The draft document, submitted by the government High Court, said that the guidelines will be in place by January, 2020. The new guidelines (Minimum Standard Guidelines for registration of therapy centers) will be issued under section 49, 50 and 51 of RPWD Act 2016. The guidelines stipulate that all occupational therapy and speech therapy centers must be brought under a regulatory mechanism and registered with an appropriate authority notified by the government. Following the intervention of High Court while hearing a PIL on need to regulate therapy centers, Social Justice Department has come out with guidelines for standardization of therapy centers in the State. The draft had stated that the therapy centers should provide quality comprehensive care for disabled children at an affordable cost. Read more at: http://toi.in/M2FeZ/a31gj. In order to discuss the standards for the therapy centers, to be included in the guidelines; a meeting by Kerala Social Security Mission was also convened on 20th June 2019 at Trivandrum. AIOTA EC Member: Dr. Joseph Sunny was invited for this meeting of significance. The guidelines were modified with appropriate suggestions by the AIOTA appointed committee led by President AIOTA Dr. Anil Srivastava which consisted of Dr. Jyothika N. Bijlani, Dean ACOT and the senior occupational therapy faculty of GSMC, TNMC, LTMMC and DY Patil College viz. Dr. Jayashri S. Kale, Dr. Pratibha M. Vaidya, Dr. Rashmi Yeradkar, Dr. Deepa Pradhan and Dr. Sunita Koutarapu.
| Usc Courses in India|| |
University of Southern California (USC), USA, has accepted the AIOTA's request to discontinue its provision to permit the other professionals also to undergo Sensory Integration (SI) courses in India. On strong resentment from the AIOTA, now USC courses in India will be exclusively for occupational therapists. The AIOTA has sent letter of thanks to USC.
| The Fellowship on Msk and Ergonomics Postponed|| |
Due to unavoidable technical reasons, the 3rd Annual Fellowship in Advanced Occupational Therapy on Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation and Ergonomics (MSK-E):of 36 weeks duration scheduled from September, 2019 stands as postponed. The ACOT has recommended for its beginning now in 2020. The dates will be announced soon.
| Dr. Shovan Saha Invited by Who for GReAT Consultation at Geneva|| |
'The Global Report on Effective Access to Assistive Technology (GReAT) Consultation', was convened on 22nd and 23rd August 2019, at Executive Boardroom, WHO Headquarters Geneva, Switzerland.
The purpose of the consultation was to inform the development of a global report on effective access to Assistive Technology (AT), through the active contribution of all participants. Dr. Shovan Saha, Associate Professor at School of Allied Health Sciences, Manipal University, Manipal, was invited by WHO to actively participate in AT Consultation. The specific objectives of the consultation were to highlight the need, demand, availability and supply of AT, and the tools/methods for obtaining these data, identify the challenges in access to AT, showcase exemplary national AT policies and programs and to provide recommendations for effective access to assistive technology.
| Acot Organised Events|| |
6th April to 28th June 2019: 12-weeks Post graduate certificate course in “Advanced Occupational Therapy in Neuro and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation”, Jupiter Hospital, Thane, Mumbai concluded with three registrants on 28th June 2019. Dr. Ankit Thakkar, Executive Chairman and CEO of Jupiter Hospital and Dr. Jyothika N. Bijlani, Dean ACOT distributed certificates.
20th to 21 st April 2019: Two days' workshop on “Introduction to Office Ergonomics: Module 1, held at LTMMC, Sion, Mumbai with 29 participants. Dr. Bharati Jajoo was resource faculty. Dr Shashi Kelker inaugurated the event. The other dignitaries who graced the occasion were: Dr. Anil K. Srivastava, President AIOTA, Dr. Jyothika N. Bijlani, Dr. Satish S. Maslekar, Dr. Jayashri S. Kale, Dr. Zarine D. Ferzandi, Dr. Pratibha M. Vaidya, Dr. Rajni S. Kelker and faculty of LTMMC, TNMC and Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
15th June 2019: AIOTA examination IV for grant of Provisional Membership was organized at AIOTA National Headquarter, Navi Mumbai. Eight applicants graduated from Sikkim Manipal University and Raisoni University appeared and declared successful.
22 nd June 2019: Workshop on “Splinting in Neuro-Rehabilitation” with registered 40 participa nts was very successfully organized in collaboration with GIPMER, New Delhi. The resource faculty were Dr. Shovan Saha, Manipal and Dr. Raj Kumar Sharma, Ghaziabad.
23 rd June 2019: Workshop on “Hands on Techniques for Motor Re-education” was conducted by resource faculties from Mumbai, Dr. Maya Nanavati and Dr. Kavita Mahamankar. In collaboration with OT Department, GIPMER, New Delhi.
24 th to 26th June 2019: The concluding part III of the 2nd Annual Fellowship in Advanced Occupational Therapy: Neuro-Rehabilitation (India) (FAOT: NR) 2018, organised by ACOT/AIOTA was successfully conducted and the completion certificates were awarded to 12 participants at valedictory function on 26th June 2019. The Chief Guest of Program was: Dr. V. P. Gupta, Registrar, Santosh Deemed to be University, Ghaziabad. Dr. S M Raheja, Medical Superintendent, GIPMER was also present as guest of honor. Other dignitaries present during the function were President AIOTA: Dr. Anil K. Srivastava, Dean ACOT: Dr. Jyothika N. Bijlani and EC Member AIOTA and Convener Delhi Branch of AIOTA: Dr. Lalit Narayan, and EC Member AIOTA: Dr. Neeraj Mishra and Faculty Coordinator, Dr. Sunita Pasricha, HOD, OT Dept. GIPMER, New Delhi and Program Coordinator: Dr. Shriharsh S. Jahagirdar
| Registration Open|| |
- OTICON'2020 Mumbai: The57th annual national conference of the AIOTA i.e. OTICON'2020 is being organized from 16th to 18th January, 2020, at Ravindra Natya Mandir, Prabha Devi, Mumbai. For registration and conference information contact: Professor Dr. Jayashri S. Kale, Organizing Secretary OTICON'2020 at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and/or visit website: https://www.oticon2020.com/or http://www.aiota.org
- Live and Webinar on SLD: In view of inclusion of occupational therapist as a member in the medical board of assessment for Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD) certification, the occupational therapists in the country need to have a uniform pattern of Screening, Assessment, Interpretation and Reporting of SLD. The first such live workshop was successfully organized at GIPMER, New Delhi on 25th June, 2019 with resource faculties from Mumbai Dr. Shailaja S. Jaywant and Dr. Jyothika N. Bijlani and from Delhi, Dr. Neeraj Mishra. The AIOTA has decided to conduct the Live and Webinar training module on Specific Learning Disabilities for occupational therapists all over the country. The registration is open for 1 day Live and Webinar on AIOTA's Advanced Assessment Module on SLD to be conducted by the ACOT on 3rd August, 2019 at Board Room, the AIOTA National Headquarter, 801, Business Bay, Sector 1, Near Juinagar Railway Station, Nerul, Navi Mumbai. The resource faculties from Mumbai for this workshop are Dr. Pratibha M. Vaidya, Dr. Shailaja S. Jaywant and Dr. Neeraj Mishra (New Delhi). Contact Dean ACOT: Dr. Jyothika N. Bijlani at email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Online Home-Based COTE Courses: Online home-based continuing occupational therapy education (COTE) courses of high academic excellence by OTCourses.com in collaboration with the AIOTA are available from January, 2019. Visit websites: https://www.otcourses.com/or http://www.aiota.org/or write to Rick Schroeder at email: email@example.com
| Seminar on Striving for Excellence in Occupational Therapy Research at Mumbai|| |
The Mumbai Branch of the All India Occupational Therapists Association (AIOTA) organized a continuing occupational therapy education seminar for occupational therapists on: “Striving for Excellence in Occupational Therapy Research: Indian vs. Global - Presentation & Publication on 7th August, 2019 at Seth G. S. Medical College & KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai. Dr. Punita V. Solanki, Associate Editor, IJOT & Visiting Consultant Occupational Therapist, Mumbai, was the resource faculty speaker. The seminar was graced by the presence of Prof. Dr. Jayashri S. Kale, Head of OT Department and officials and members of Mumbai Branch, AIOTA. A total of 40 participants, including occupational therapy interns, postgraduate students, faculty and practitioners from Mumbai attended the seminar. The seminar was organized very successfully as a pre-conference event to commemorate the platinum jubilee (70th year) celebrations of the institute and OTICON'2020 at Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Information: Dr. Alok Patil, Convener, Mumbai Branch of the AIOTA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and mumbaiota@gmail
| Free Orthopaedic and Therapy Consultation Camp|| |
AR Orthopaedic and ICU Hospital, Malad West, in collaboration with Shree Solgam Lauwa Patidar Pragati Mandal Trust, Goregaon West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, organized a free, orthopaedic consultation camp on 7th July, 2019, Sunday 21st July, 2019, Sunday and 11th August, 2019, Sunday between 10.00 am to 5.00 pm at the hospital. The Directors of the Hospital: Dr. Shailesh Mishra, Joint Replacement and Arthroscopy Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon, Dr. Alpesh H. Choudhary, Trauma and Spine Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon; their colleague Orthopaedic Surgeons: Dr. Rohit Delat and Dr. Hitesh Vora; Physiotherapists and Dr. Punita V. Solanki, Musculoskeletal Occupational Therapist offered free consultation. About 320 patients with diagnosis of osteoarthritis, adhesive capsulitis, rotator cuff tendinopathy, finger injuries, degenerative spine disorders, flat foot with plantar fasciitis, idiopathic scoliosis etc., were clinically examined and advised appropriate management.
For Further Information: AR Hospital: email@example.com and Dr. Punita V. Solanki: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
| Article Access Statistics|
| Viewed||2285 |
| Printed||87 |
| Emailed||0 |
| PDF Downloaded||7 |
| Comments ||[Add] |